Vegans just eat like lentils and stuff, right? WRONG! These brownies prove all doubters wrong.
4 level tablespoons of chia seeds (I prefer using whole)
12 tablespoons of water/plant milk of choice
3 heaped tablespoons of smooth almond/cashew/peanut butter
240 grams of coconut sugar/dark brown sugar
11 tablespoon of maple syrup
13 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
60 grams cocoa powder
60 grams plain flour or buckwheat if you're gluten free
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
100 grams of dairy free milk/white chocolate buttons
10 oreos broken into bitesize pieces (potentially not vegan)
1. Preheat oven to to 180C and grease and line baking tray.
2. Combine your chia seeds with the water and set to one side.
3. Whisk the almond butter with the sugar, maple syrup and coconut oil until you have a caramel.
4. Sieve in your cocoa powder gradually and whisk until batter is shiny and silky.
5. Whisk in the chia eggs.
6. Fold in the flour until well incorporated.
7. Add in the vanilla essence, 3/4 of the salt, the baking powder and baking soda.
8. Gently fold Oreos and chocolate buttons into the batter. Then tip into baking tray.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
10. Allow to cool for a minimum of 1 hour, then slice into squares. Stick a knife in, you want it to come out just clean then you will know they're ready.