- 1 sponge cake with crumb coating and one layer of buttercream
- Chocolate ganache, pre made
- Dark chocolate, melted
- Caster sugar
- 1 Apple
- Red, orange and yellow food colouring
- Edible glitter
- Starting with your pre-made sponge cake with a crumb coating and layer of buttercream, layer on the chocolate ganache until the cake is completely covered. Remove any excess ganache with a scraper. Put the cake to one side while you prepare the other decorations.
- On a baking tray, spread some melted dark chocolate evenly and thinly and place in the fridge to set.
- Swirl some sugar around in a pan on the heat until it caramelises and then carefully pour the caramel onto a mat in flame shapes and put to one side to set.
- Slice an apple into thin slices and lay the slices out on a baking rack. Colour the apples with red, yellow, and orange food colouring mixed with water to create a gradient effect. Place in the oven at 100C-120C until they have dehydrated.
- Create chocolate logs with the now set dark chocolate using a scraper.
- Assemble the chocolate logs, caramel shards and dry apple slices on top of the cake and finish off with a sprinkle of gold edible glitter.