- Pre-baked 6 inch sponge cake, one half in a bowl another in a tin
- Chocolate buttercream/ganache
- Chocolate puff cereal
- Coloured dried apple
- Beige buttercream
- Sesame Seeds
- Trim down your cake halves until they are the same size in diameter. The rounded top half will act as the the topbun of your burger cake.
- Add a small amount of brown food colouring to some vanilla buttercream to get a light brown colour that resembles a burger bun. Apply the buttercream to the outside of the base.
- To create the patty, mix some chocolate buttercream with a chocolate puff cereal and apply straight on top of the base of the cake.
- To create the lettuce, place your coloured dehydrated apple slices along the edges of the chocolate buttercream.
- Place the top half of the sponge cake on top of the ‘patty’ and cover in the light brown buttercream.
- To finish off the burger sprinkle some sesame seeds on the top.
- Slice some marzipan into long fry shapes a blowtorch them slightly to give them a cooked effect. Serve alongside your burger cake.