Georgia has created the most decadent woodland themed cake. Covered in swiss butter cream and filled with chocolate ganache this trunk cake is sure to impress!
- 8 inch sponge cake
- Spreadable chocolate ganache (200g dark chocolate 200ml double cream)
- Dark chocolate (150g)
- Swiss Meringue (100g egg white, 200g caster sugar) for decorations
- Food colouring and cocoa powder to decorate meringue
- Coloured and green buttercream for flowers and leaves/grass (250g icing sugar, 75g butter, 30ml milk)
- Make meringue by heating up the sugar and egg whites and whisk.
- Pipe butterflies and mushroom decorations and cook at 100°C for 30 mins.
- Make ganache by heating cream and stirring it into the chocolate until it's melted and refrigerate.
- Crumb coat your cake with buttercream and chill.
- Cover the chilled cake with a layer of cooled ganache and then create a wood-like texture with a palette knife.
- Paint over melted chocolate to enhance the wood effect.
- Decorate with the meringue decorations and coloured buttercream flowers, leaves and grass.