Cauliflower Hash Browns
All the flavor and goodness of a hash brown without any of the guilt!
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Grate the cauliflower head on a cheese grater to create cauliflower shreds or 'rice."
- Combine the shredded cauliflower with minced onion, egg, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and stir to combine.
- Heat 1 teaspoon. coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add half the cauliflower mixture to the pan and gently press down with a spatula to flatten, working to keep the hash brown together as much as possible.
- Cook for 1 minute after the edges start to turn golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Carefully flip over and cook an additional 3-4 minutes to let the edges brown and the cauliflower and onion cook through.