Crock Pot Healthy Chicken Pot Pie Soup
A lighter take on a classic comfort food.
- 1 pound chicken breast, boneless and skinless 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 1/2 cups low sodium chicken stock 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup frozen pearl onions
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt, plain
- Add the chicken, yellow onion, celery, carrots, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, and chicken broth to the bowl of a slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Add the bay leaf, cover, and cook on Low for 4-5 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Remove chicken breast, shred, and set aside. Measure out 2 cups of the liquid and contents from the slow cooker and place into a blender. Puree this until smooth, and then return to the slow cooker. This will serve to thicken the soup.
- Return the cooked, shredded chicken to the slow cooker, followed by the frozen, peas, frozen carrots, frozen pearl onions, and greek yogurt.
- Re-cover and cook an additional 30 minutes, until the frozen vegetables have heated through. Season to taste before serving.