- 1/2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon finely ground coffee
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 thick boneless rib-eye steaks (approx. 1 pound)
- Allow the steak to come to room temperature while you prepare the rub.
- Combine all the ingredients for the rub. You will have leftover rub.
- Heat the grill over medium-high heat.
- Generously rub the spice mixture over the steak.
- Add the seasoned steak to the grill and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until steak is well-browned, then flip and cook an additional 6-8 minutes, until steak reaches almost 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Allow the steak to rest on cutting board for 5 minutes to rise to 160 degrees before serving.