Healthy Popcorn Chicken
How to make a healthier version of Popcorn Chicken!
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into very small bite-size pieces 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Optional: BBQ Sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the almond meal, garlic powder, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon. ground black pepper, ground mustard, and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk together 2 eggs, 1/4 teaspoon. kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon. black pepper.
- Dice the chicken breasts into small bite-size pieces.
- Starting with the egg mixture, dip the chicken pieces until fully coated. Then, give them a little shake to let any extra egg drip off.
- Transfer to the seasoned almond coating and gently toss until the chicken pieces are completely covered.
- Remove and transfer the chicken pieces to the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken, allowing some space in between for even baking.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes, turning once halfway through, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle and the tasty almond coating is golden.