Lemon Almond Macarons
Lemon zest and almond give your macaroons an extra kick.
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest 1/2 teaspoon almond extract 1/2 teaspoonvanilla extract 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large egg whites
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut, almonds, coconut sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, almond extract, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Mix in the egg whites.
- Place mounds of the mixture (approx. 2 tablespoons) onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, spaced slightly apart from one another.
- Bake until the edges begin to brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool slightly on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.