Shrimp Spring Rolls
A light and refreshing snack of meal, these shrimp spring rolls w/ a spicy peanut sauce are super delicious and easy to make!
- 8-10 round rice paper wrappers
- 4 ounces vermicelli noodles
- 8-10 fresh mint leaves
- 1 pound shrimp, deveined and shells removed 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced into matchsticks 8-10 leaves green lettuce
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- Boil the shrimp in a medium pot of water to cook through. Set aside to cool. Once cool, slice the shrimp in half lengthwise.
- Bring the same pot of water to a boil. Remove from heat and add the vermicelli noodles. Let soften for about 8-10 minutes. Drain thoroughly and rinse with cool water.
- Dip one wrapper quickly into very warm water to become pliable.
- Lay flat on a cutting board and layer ingredients on bottom third of wrapper (lettuce, mint leaves, carrots, cucumber, and shrimp. Fold the bottom of the wrapper up over the ingredients.
- Fold in sides, then continue rolling up. Place seam side down on plate.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the peanut butter, hoisin sauce, Sriracha, and rice wine vinegar. Heat for 15 seconds in the microwave until smooth. Stir to combine.