Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
How to make Mongolian Beef in a Slow Cooker.
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 med. yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup low sodium beef stock
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Optional side: steamed brown rice
- Combine the flank steak and onion in the bowl of a slow cooker.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce, beef stock, hoisin sauce, coconut sugar, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes. Mix well.
- Pour the soy sauce mixture over the flank steak and onion in the slow cooker. Toss to coat.
- Cover and cook on Low for 4 hours, or until the steak is very tender and the onions are cooked through.
- To serve, garnish with the sliced green onions alongside steamed brown rice, if desired.