- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 14 1/2 ounces can diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 5 bell peppers, tops cut, stemmed and seeded
- In a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil, ground beef, onion, garlic, kosher salt, black pepper, paprika, chili powder, and oregano and stir to combine. Cook until the meat is well-browned and the onions are tender.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, black beans, cilantro, and cooked brown rice and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Carefully slice off the tops of each bell pepper, leaving as much of the pepper as possible. Clean out each pepper and wash thoroughly.
- Place each pepper in into the slow cooker so the hollowed-out opening is facing upward.
- Gently spoon the meat-rice mixture into the hollowed-out peppers and layer any remaining mixture around the peppers, if needed. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours, or until the peppers are tender.
- Uncover and top with 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.