- 1 1/2 pounds ground buffalo
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large sweet potato
- 8 slices nitrate-free bacon, cooked and broken in half 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Baby arugula
- Tomato, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into 1/3 - 1/2 inch thick slices. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil and season with 1/2 teaspoon. kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon. pepper.
- Roast in oven for 20-30 minutes, flipping half-way through, until edges are slightly crispy and sweet potato is cooked through.
- Mix ground buffalo with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon. salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon. pepper, and the garlic powder. Shape into 8-10 mini patties. Use the size of the set potato slices to plan on how big your patties should be.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, cook the burgers in the olive oil over medium-high heat, flipping occasionally, until well-browned and cooked through.
- To assemble the burgers, layer one patty on the bottom sweet potato slice, followed by the sliced tomato, bacon, blue cheese crumbles, baby arugula, and then the top sweet potato slice.