Chicken and Zucchini Casserole
How to make this healthier chicken and zucchini casserole.
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, uncooked
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/3 cup chickpea flour
- 4 med zucchinis, sliced into half moons
- 10 cremini mushrooms, sliced thickly
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed 3/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease 9x13 baking dish with olive oil.
- In a medium pot, add the quinoa, chicken stock, and 1/2 teaspoon. kosher salt. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cook for 10-12 minutes, and set aside.
- Preheat a large skillet on medium-high heat and add olive oil. Once oil is hot, add onion and garlic and sauté until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the chickpea flour and then slowly add the almond milk. Add the zucchini, mushroom, parmesan cheese, mozzarella, cooked quinoa, remaining 1/2 teaspoon. salt and 1/2 teaspoon. pepper. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Transfer mixture to a prepared baking dish, stir in cubed chicken, level, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes, until cheese is golden and top is bubbly.