Zucchini Pizza Crust
A better pizza crust, presented to you by the zucchini.
- 4-6 zucchini, grated (to yield 4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup goat cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 egg
- Olive oil for greasing
- Preheat oven to 500 with a pizza stone.
- In a large bowl, toss the shredded zucchini with the kosher salt and set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Squeeze the excess moisture out of the zucchini by wrapping it up in a clean kitchen towel or cheesecloth. Discard the liquid.
- Place the shredded zucchini into a bowl and add the parmesan, flour, goat cheese, garlic, oregano, basil, and eggs. Incorporate all of the ingredients together.
- Place the zucchini mixture onto a piece of tin foil and lightly grease with olive oil. Set on something solid that will make it easy to transfer into the oven. Spread the zucchini mixture to form a circle about 1/3 inch thick. Form the edges up so that it forms an outer 'crust.'
- Once the crust has been shaped, transfer on the tin foil onto the heated pizza stone in the oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the crust starts to brown.
- Top the pizza with sauce and any additional toppings that you'd like. Once the toppings are on, transfer the pizza on the tin foil back onto the heated pizza stone in the oven and bake for an additional 4 minutes until cheese melts.