- 500ml double cream
- 250ml whole milk
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 eggs
- Handful crushed oreos
- Instant hot chocolate
- Whisk double cream, whole milk and sugar together and add to a saucepan. Split and de-seed vanilla pod and to mixture. Heat the mixture until just before boiling
- In a seperate bowl, beat eggs and pour a tiny bit of the milk and cream mix over eggs, whisking continuously. Pour in remaining mixture.
- Add entire mixture back to the pan and stir continuously on a low heat until the mixture has thickened and coats the back of a wooden spoon. Transfer to a bowl and chill in the fridge for a few hours (overnight if you can wait!)
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream machine and churn as per the machine instructions. Just before it’s done, add a handful of chopped oreo cookies.
- Freeze ice cream mixture for a few hours. Scoop the ice cream into your serving dish and serve alongside a small shot of hot chocolate.