- 120g Unsalted Butter, Cold
- 270g Plain Flour
- 25g Sugar
- 25g Vegetable Shortening
- Pinch Salt
- 50ml Ice Water
- Mince Meat
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Add the butter, sugar, salt, flour & shortening to a stand mixer and set the speed to low. Keep mixing until the mixture resembles a breadcrumb like texture.
- Slowly add the ice water, just enough until the dough starts to lump together slightly.
- Remove the dough from the mixer, split it into two equal size discs, wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for an hour.
- Roll out the chilled dough to the thickness of a pound coin and then using a cookie cutter, cut discs about 2 1/2“ wide.
- Fill one disc with a heaped teaspoon of mincemeat mixture, lightly egg wash the edge and place another piece of pie dough over the top.
- Brush with egg wash, a sprinkle of caster sugar and bake at 180C for 15-20m or until golden.
- Once cooked, allow to cool and then take two pies and sandwich them between a scoop of vanilla ice cream.