Baked Polenta Fries With Garlic Aioli
These baked polenta fries are crunchy on the outside and creamy on the inside. It’ll be your new favorite snack.
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken or veg broth
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup parmesan, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 4-6 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a pot, bring chicken stock and milk to a boil. Then whisk in cornmeal until smooth. Turn heat down to medium and cook for another 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, parmesan, thyme, and salt.
- Immediately transfer to a parchment-lined rimmed baking tray. Smooth the surface to about a 2-inch thickness. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for about 2 hours to firm up.
- Meanwhile make the aioli: blend roasted garlic, lemon juice, egg, salt and pepper and whisk them in a bowl. Slowly add olive oil, whisk until fully emulsified. Chill in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 450F. Slice polenta into strips and place them on a greased baking sheet. Drizzle more olive oil on top and bake for 15 minutes. Flip the polenta fries and continue baking for another 10-15 minutes or until crispy and browned on the edges.