- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter (plus more for greasing baking sheet)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 slices cooked crispy bacon, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and water, cook over medium high heat for 10 to 12 minutes stirring occasionally. Using a candy thermometer, continue cooking until it reads 260°F.
- Remove from heat, add butter, pecans and salt. Stir once, and then place back over medium-high heat without stirring. Cook for about 5 to 10 minutes, until the candy thermometer reads 285F.
- Stir in bacon, vanilla, and baking powder. Cook for 2 more minutes, until the corn syrup darkens.
- Pour the mixture onto a buttered baking sheet, tilt to spread in a thin layer and cool completely.
- Break into pieces and serve.