- For the pudding: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tablespoons cornstarch 1/8 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 cups milk 1/2 cup heavy cream 2 egg yolks 1 1/2 tablespoon butter, softened 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the rest: 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafers, coarsely chopped 1-2 ripe bananas, sliced 1 1/2 cups heavy cream + 1 tablespoon sugar, whipped
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, salt, milk, heavy cream, and egg yolks until there are no more lumps. Cook over medium-high heat, until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat. Pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer and into a bowl to remove any lumps.
- Stir in butter and vanilla, until fully incorporated. Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the custard. Refrigerate until set, about 1-2 hours.
- Fold 1/3 cup of whipped cream into the set custard.
- Using 3-4 mason jars, spoon the wafers into bottom of each jar, followed by custard, sliced banana, whipped cream, more custard and wafers, topping with whipped cream.