Bananas Foster Donuts
Baked bananas foster donuts are meant to flambé and slay!
- 1 banana, halved and sliced into rounds
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark rum, plus more for serving
- For the batter: 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, combine mashed bananas, eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and rum and allow to simmer. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a donut baking pan with cooking spray. Drizzle a small amount of the sugar mixture into each well.
- Arrange the banana slices on top of the sugar mixture, in a single circular pattern.
- Spoon the batter on top of the bananas, filling the donut wells 3/4 of the way full. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for about 8 minutes, and then flip over the pan to release the donuts. Optional (but totally awesome): pour a little more rum on the donuts and carefully flambé!