Berry Summer Pudding Trifle
Taste the layers of summer berries in this refreshing summer pudding trifle.
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 6-8 white bread slices
- In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 cup raspberries, lemon juice, sugar, and water. Cook on medium heat and simmer, until the berries burst and the sugar dissolves. Set aside to cool completely. Once cooled, puree in a blender, and then run through a fine mesh strainer to catch any lumps and seeds. Set aside in a bowl.
- Slice the remaining strawberries into slices. Keep the rest of the blueberries whole.
- Estimate the circumference of your desired mason jars, and the same size use cookie cutters to form several rounds from sliced white bread.
- Dip the bread rounds in the berry sauce, until fully soaked. For each mason jar, place a one soaked bread on the bottom. Follow with a layer of sliced berries and pistachios, then another slice of bread, a dollop of whipped cream, another slice of bread, and repeat until the jar is full.
- Top with more whipped cream and fruit on top.