- 24 baby bella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 3 slices cheddar cheese, cut into small squares
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lettuce, thinly shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems. Dice the stems and set aside. Melt butter in a pan and cook mushroom caps on both sides for 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and place stem side up in a baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350F. In the same pan, brown the beef and stir in shallots and mushroom stems to soften. Then mix in the cream cheese. Season with worcestershire, ketchup, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Fill each mushroom cap with the burger mixture and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and top with sliced cheese. Bake for another 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with shredded lettuce and sliced tomato on top.