Chicken Tater Tot Pie
Tater tots are more than just a side dish. Topped on chicken pot pie, they bring on the ultimate comfort.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced small
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Frozen tater tots
- Preheat oven to 375F. In a cast iron skillet on medium heat, add butter and onion. Stir for about 2 minutes and add the garlic and carrots. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir well to incorporate. Gradually stir in the chicken broth and milk. Allow the sauce to thicken.
- Stir in the chicken, peas, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Top the whole surface with frozen tater tots. Bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until the filling is bubbly and the tater tots are browned.