Chili Dog Cones
This is no ordinary ice cream cone, it's filled with an American classic.
- For the chili sauce:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, diced (plus more for topping)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- Salt & pepper to taste
- For the rest:
- Prepared pizza dough
- 8 hot dogs, halved lengthwise
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a pot, brown ground beef and drain any excess fat. Add onion, garlic, spices, salt and pepper and cook for another 5 minutes. Then add ketchup, tomato paste, and water. Stir and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F. Take paper plates and cut a slit on each one, from the edge to the center. Fold the paper plate into a cone and staple to secure. Wrap the outside and interior with foil. Grease with cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pizza dough and cut into squares, large enough to wrap around the cone molds. Pinch to tip and seam of the dough. Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Once baked, line the inside walls of the cones with sliced hot dogs. Spoon the chili sauce in the middle and top with onions and cheese.