- 1/2 chocolate babka loaf
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 shot espresso
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Butter for pan
- Topping: 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese, 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1/2 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon Amaretto and Maple syrup
- Beat the eggs and milk. Whisk in espresso, sugar, and vanilla extract. Slice chocolate babka, and dip in the mixture to soak for about 1-2 minutes and both sides.
- Heat butter in a pan and cook toasts in batches, until golden brown.
- To make the topping, whisk the heavy cream until soft peaks, and then fold in the rest of the ingredients.
- Serve the toasts with a dollop of the cream, and syrup or powdered sugar.