Campfire classic meets summer fair classic. Love ensues.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- Oil for frying
- Chocolate sauce: 3/4 cup chocolate chopped, 1/3 cup heavy cream and 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- Jumbo marshmallows
- In a bowl, mix together flour and 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon. In a saucepan, heat water, butter, brown sugar, and salt until simmering. Add flour mixture and stir until a dough ball forms and pull away from the sauce pan. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, add dough and slowly mix to incorporate one egg at a time. Transfer dough to a piping bag with a star tip attached. On a greased baking sheet, slowly pipe the dough into discs using a spiral motion. Place is freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees F. Gently place two discs at a time and fry until golden brown. Remove from oil, and drain on paper towels.
- Combine sugar and 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon in a bowl, and toss fried churros until lightly coated.
- For the chocolate sauce: melt chocolate, add cayenne powder, and stir in heavy cream until well combined.
- Roast marshmallows over flame, top on churros, and drizzle the chocolate sauce on top.