Coconut Jerk Shrimp And Grits
Put the lime in the coconut jerk shrimp and grits.
- 1/2 pounds shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2-3 teaspoons Jerk seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 4 tablespoons mango nectar
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For the grits: 3/4 cup grits, 1 cup coconut milk, 2 cups chicken broth (any low-sodium broth works), 1 tablespoon butter and Salt to taste
- Garnishes: Cilantro chopped and Lime wedges
- In a pot, bring coconut milk, chicken broth, and butter to boil. Gradually whisk in grits. Cook on medium-low heat for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt to taste. Cover and set aside.
- Combine shrimp, jerk seasoning, and salt to taste. Heat butter in a skillet and cook shrimp until pink and tender, about 4-5 minutes. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the mango nectar, hot sauce, rum, and lime juice. Stir to combine and allow the liquids to slightly reduce. Turn off the heat and mix the shrimp in the sauce.
- To serve, top grits with shrimp and spoon over some of the sauce. Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.