Fried Lasagna Rolls
Fried lasagna is how we roll. Everything is better deep-fried, including lasagna.
- 1 box lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 pounds Italian sausage, casing removed and crumbled
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- In a saucepan, brown beef and sausage with onion and garlic. Drain any excess fat. Then add tomato sauce, salt, and pepper. Simmer on medium-low heat for about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, lay out cooked lasagna sheets on a flat surface. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and spread a few tablespoons of the meat sauce evenly. Make sure the mixture doesn't touch the edges of the pasta sheet. Sprinkle a little more mozzarella on top. Carefully roll into logs and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Heat oil to 375°F. Prep your dredging station: flour in one bowl, whisked eggs in another bowl, and bread crumbs in the final bowl. Coat each roll in flour, then dip in the eggs, and coat well with crumbs. Fry 2 rolls at a time until golden brown.
- Serve with more marinara sauce on the side.