Spread the holiday cheer with gingerbread waffles. Santa may want a stack of these, instead of cookies this year.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 teaspoons molasses
- Toppings: 3/4 cup maple syrup, 1/4 cup water, 1 cup fresh cranberries, Lemon zest, Powdered sugar
- Preheat waffle iron. Lightly grease with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, butter, and molasses. In larger bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Fill waffle iron with batter, and cook until browned and crisp.
- In a saucepan, simmer water, maple syrup, and cranberries, until the berries have popped. Once the berries have softened, remove from heat and add some lemon zest.
- Serve waffles with syrup and powdered sugar.