Ice Cream in a Bag
You are just a few ziploc bags away from real, homemade ice cream. Shake up this 10 minute ice cream in a bag! Bowls are optional.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional flavors (chocolate chips, chopped strawberries, crushed cookies)
- A lot of ice
- 6 tablespoons kosher or rock salt
- Any flavorings of your choice
- One gallon sized freezer bag
- One smaller freezer bag
- In the smaller bag, combine cream, milk, sugar, and any flavoring you want. For vanilla, simply add vanilla extract. Remove as much air as possible from bag, before sealing tight.
- Fill the larger bag halfway with ice. Add salt over the ice. Mix the bag to help distribute the salt.
- Place the bag of ice cream mixture inside and seal the larger bag well. Shake the bag continuously for about 10-15 minutes, or until the mixture become firmer. Use a kitchen towel or oven mitts to protect your hands from the cold.
- Remove the ice cream filled bag from the ice, wipe the bag clean from salt, and scoop out the ice cream to serve.