Melting White Chocolate Ball
Take a crack at this beautiful yet delicious sweet.
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon espresso
- Pinch of salt
- Coffee ice cream
- Amaretti cookies
- Melt 2/3 of the white chocolate chips over a double broiler. Once melted, remove from heat and mix in the rest of the chocolate to temper.
- Using 100m clear fillable ornaments, add 4-5 tablespoons of the melted chocolate inside one half. Close the mold and rotate the ball to evenly coat the inside with chocolate. Tap several times, if necessary.
- Chill in the fridge for about 25-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the sauce: in a pot whisk together water, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and espresso. Stir over medium heat and allow to thicken.
- Carefully release the chocolate ball from the mold.
- Heat a flat-bottomed bowl or pan and gently press the chocolate ball in a circular motion. Once a hole appears, about 2 inches in diameter, set aside on parchment paper.
- To serve, place scoops of ice cream and cookie crumbles in the center of a plate. Cover with the chocolate ball, and then drizzle the hot chocolate sauce over the top to melt the surface.