- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For the rest:
- 6 small potatoes
- Oil for deep frying
- Assorted toppings (cajun pepper, garlic powder, grated parmesan, dried parsley, cheese sauce)
- Make the batter: combine batter ingredients in a shallow dish and set aside.
- Heat oil to 375°F. Skewer potatoes and use a knife to spiral cut: hold the knife at an angle and rotate the potato to slice a thin spiral. Stretch the slices along the skewer.
- Working with 2 skewers at a time, dip the potatoes in the batter and coat well. Immediately place in the hot oil and fry until fully cooked and crispy.
- Once fried, add your desired flavorings and toppings.