- 1/2 pounds dried spaghetti
- 1 cup pecorino romano cheese, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (add more per taste)
- For the parmesan frico bowl: 1 1/2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- Make the cheese bowls: Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Divide the cheese into two portions, and form each portion into an even 6-7 inch circles on the parchment paper. Bake for about 6 minutes, until the cheese is melted and golden. Remove from oven and quickly use a spatula to lift each parmesan frico off the tray. Flip over two soup bowls (bottoms facing up) and place each frico over the bowls. Gently press around the sides to form bowl-like shapes. Allow to cool.
- Make the pasta: cook pasta to al dente in salted water. Reserve about a cup of the pasta water and drain the rest. With the pasta still in the pot, add olive oil, some of the pasta water, half of the cheese, and black pepper. Toss the pasta until fully coated.
- Serve in the parmesan frico bowls, and sprinkle more cheese and black pepper on top.