Peppermint Chocolate Mousse
Easy, no fuss peppermint chocolate mousse. It'll make the hectic holidays a little sweeter.
- 3 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 tablespoons salted butter
- 9 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Candy canes, crushed
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, marshmallows, chocolate, peppermint extract, and water together. Mix until fully incorporated. Set aside to slightly cool.
- In another bowl, whip heavy cream and vanilla into stiff peaks. Pour the chocolate mixture into the whipped cream, and gently fold the ingredients together. Place mixture into a piping bag and swirl into cups. Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- To serve, crush candy canes and sprinkle on top.