- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt to taste
- In a food processor, combine the basil, garlic, nuts, olive oil, and cheese until almost smooth. Taste for salt.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Unfold puff pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface. Spoon the pesto in an even layer over the pastry. Cut the dough into strips, twist each strip, and place on a parchment-lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.