Piña Colada Ice Cream Sandwich
Piña coladas are more fun when transformed into ice cream sandwiches!
- 1 small to medium-sized pineapple, peeled, sliced, and cored
- 3/4 cup coconut rum
- 1 pint coconut ice cream
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Maraschino cherries
- Place pineapple slices in a large shallow dish. Pour coconut rum to submerge the slices halfway. Marinate for at least 1 hour, flipping the slices over halfway through.
- Remove pineapple slices and dry well with paper towels.
- Carefully slice of the bottom of your ice cream container. Remove the lid and cut away the rest of the paper container. Slice ice cream into rounds.
- Sandwich the ice cream slices in between two pineapple slices. Freeze immediately until completely solid.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave, at 15 second intervals. Stir until fully melted.
- Dip half of the frozen sandwiches in the melted chocolate and immediately coat with toasted coconut flakes. Top with maraschino cherries.