Chocolate, cookies, and coconut. Oh my! Transform this cookie favorite into the ultimate sweet treat.
- 12 ounces unsweetened coconut flakes
- 10 ounces dulce de leche
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- Shortbread cookies
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In a bowl, mix coconut flakes and salt together. Then combine with dulce de leche and vanilla.
- Whip egg whites, until firm peaks form. Then gently fold the egg whites into the coconut flake mixture.
- Use a spoon or ice cream scoop and place mounds of batter onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Melt chocolate and dip shortbread cookies to cover. Place on parchment or wax paper and press one macaroon onto each chocolate-dipped cookie.
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top and chill in the fridge until set.