Sloppy Joe Pie
This American classic transforms into Sloppy Joe Pie for a neat-o time!
- For the filling: 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For the topping: 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- N a skillet, cook ground beef until browned. Discard most of the fat from the skillet. Stir in onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook until the vegetables have softened.
- Then on medium- high heat, stir in ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and a few tablespoons of water. Mix well and allow to simmer for 4-5 minutes until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400F. In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, oil, milk, and egg.
- Spoon the Sloppy Joe filling into individual ramekins or pie dish, and then top with shredded cheese.
- Spoon the batter on top and sprinkle a little more. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden and fully cooked.