Tandoori Chicken Burger
Who knew tandoori chicken taste just as good on a bun?
- For the burger meat: 1 pound ground chicken, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons tandoori curry paste, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 cayenne powder, 1/4 cup green onions sliced, salt and pepper to taste
- For the sauce: 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger grated, 2 teaspoons cilantro finely chopped, 2 pinches cumin, Salt to taste
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced
- Cilantro to taste
- Brioche buns
- Oil or ghee for pan
- In a bowl, combine all burger meat ingredients. Divide into 4 equal portions, and shape into patties. Set aside.
- For the sauce: combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Taste for salt.
- Heat a greased pan to medium-high heat. Cook chicken burger patties, for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until thoroughly cooked and charred. Toast buns.
- To assemble: place patties on the bottom buns, top with sauce, sliced cucumber, red onion, and cilantro.