Tequila Lime Steak Tostada Bowl
This steak bowl is zesty and ready to party in your mouth.
- 1 pound skirt steak
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 4 tablespoons tequila
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all steak and marinade ingredients, cover, and set aside to marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- In a skillet or grill on medium-high heat, cook steak on both sides, until seared and cooked to your preferred doneness. Set aside to rest for about 5 minutes. Slice into bite-sized pieces.
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1 romaine lettuce heart, chopped
- 1/4 cup canned black beans, drained
- 1/4 cup tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup cooked corn
- 1 lime
- Cilantro to taste
- Sliced jalapeño to taste
- Sour cream
- Hot sauce to taste
- Vegetable oil for brushing tortillas
- Prepared steak
- Make tostada bowls: Preheat oven to 300°F. Brush tortillas on both sides with vegetable oil. Place them in oven safe bowls to create bowl-like shapes. Bake for about 15-20 minutes. Checking occasionally to prevent burning. Remove from oven and keep in the bowl until cool.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped lettuce, black beans, tomato, corn, and some lime juice.
- To assemble, place the salad in the tostada bowl, top with steak, sour cream, jalapeños, cilantro and hot sauce.