Thai Banana Fritters
Fried Thai banana fritters are like natures candy.
- 4 ripe bananas or plantains
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Oil for deep frying
- Make the batter: sift rice flour, baking soda, sugar, and salt together in a mixing bowl. Then add sesame seeds and grated coconut. Gradually add water while whisking. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Heat oil to 350°F. Slice bananas lengthwise and set aside.
- Place banana slices into the batter, and make sure each slice is thoroughly coated. Fry only a few slices at a time. Occasionally flip them over to ensure even frying. Once golden brown and crispy, drain on paper towels. Best when served immediately.