This Bombay sandwich has a twist you never knew you needed!
- For the spiced potato filling
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 small potato, boiled & mashed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Small handful fresh coriander
- For the sandwich
- 2 slices of bread
- Mint chutney
- 1 red onion, cut into thin round slices
- 1 tomato, cut into thin round slices
- 2 large handful cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp chaat masala
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Now add the cumin and mustard seeds. When they splatter, add the remaining “potato filling: ingredients and mix. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Butter one side of both slices of bread. Flip over. Now spread the mint chutney on the other side of both pieces.
- Spread the spiced potato mixture one slice (chutney side up). Add half the amount of cheese. Now top with onion slices, tomato slices and the remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle over the chaat masala and place the second piece of bread on top (butter side up).
- Melt a small knob of butter on a non-stick frying pan.
- Place sandwich on pan and fry for 4 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side until golden and crispy all over.