Indian Fish Fingers
Spice up your life with these epic Indian-inspired fish fingers. Delicious.
- 1 white fish fillet, skinless & boneless cut into fingers (approx.
- 1/4 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1/2 shallot
- Small handful fresh coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Plain flour for dusting
- 2 eggs, beaten with a splash of water
- 2 slices white bread made into breadcrumbs, seasoned with
- Salt, turmeric, paprika and chilli flakes
- Sunflower oil for frying
- Sprinkle salt over the fish fingers. Using a food
- Processor, grind together the remaining ingredients
- Apart from those listed under 'coating', along with a
- Little water to make a smooth paste.
- Marinate the fish fingers in this paste for 30 minutes.
- Place the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs into 3 separate
- Dip each finger into the flour, shake off any excess and
- Then dip into the beaten eggs, followed by the bread-
- Shallow fry in oil for 3-4 minutes on one side until crisp and
- Golden. Then repeat on the other side.