Kaffir Lime in Thailand
Take in Thailand's sights and sounds in search of kaffir lime.
- 1 lemon grass stalk, bruised
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tablespoon galangal, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro/coriander root, bruised
- 1 basket cherry tomatos, halved
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 red chilis, halved
- 1/3 cup mixed mushrooms
- 6 medium prawns, cleaned
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons Prik Pao (Thai chili paste)
- 3 limes
- 1/2 tablespoon palm sugar
- 1 bunch cilantro/coriander leaf (garnish)
- 1 green shallots
- In a pot on high head bring the chicken stock to the boil, then turn down to a simmer and add Lemon grass, Kaffir lime leaves, galangal, cilantro/coriander root, cherry tomatoes, chillies and infuse for about 6 minutes.
- Once infused turn the heat to low, add mushrooms and cleaned prawns, cook for another 5 minutes till prawns are just cooked through and mushrooms are soft then add the fish sauce and take off the heat.
- Now season the soup with lime juice, sugar and Prik Pao (Thai chili paste).. add a little at a time to find that harmonious balance.
- Garnish with shallots and fresh cilantro/coriander.