Candy Cane Snowball Cookies
Throw and eat snowballs with friends! Extra fun with a candy cane powder!
- 1/4 cup crushed candy canes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup cup flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Crush the candy canes into a rough powder. Set aside.
- Cream the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla salt. Then mix in the flour and walnuts until a nice dough forms.
- Roll the dough into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Bake 15 minutes. Don't over-bake (golden brown is too far).
- Add some powdered sugar to the candy cane powder. While the cookies are still hot, roll them in the powder. Serve and enjoy.