Chocolate Chip Stuffed Pretzels
Can't decide on a sweet or savory treat? Have both.
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large eggs
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 pack of pizza dough
- In a bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda and mix well. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix melted butter, sugars together until mixed. Add egg and mix well. Add chocolate chips and flour mixture into bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Unroll pizza dough and flatten with rolling pin. Cut dough into thirds, lengthwise. Scoop chocolate chip cookie dough into middle of pizza dough. Spread with spatula and pull pizza dough to cover. Pinch dough at the seams and roll into a rope.
- To make pretzel shape, form dough into U shape. Twist ends together twice. Press down dough where dough overlaps in an X. Pick ends up and fold over so they rest over bottom on U shape, pressing ends to stick.
- In a small bowl, add water and baking soda, stir to combine.
- Brush baking soda mixture onto pretzel and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes at 375° F. until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy.