Churros With Hot Chocolate Sauce
Crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. It's coated with a hefty amount of cinnamon and sugar, then dunked in a creamy chocolate sauce.
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 2 quarts frying oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a saucepan mix the 2 1/2 tablespoon of sugar, salt, and vegetable oil over medium heat until it boils. Remove from heat and mix in the flour until it comes together and forms a light, fluffy dough.
- In another pot heat the frying oil to 375°F.
- Add the dough to a pastry bag with a large star tip. Pipe strips into the oil and cook until golden brown.
- On a plate mix the 1/2 cup of sugar with the cinnamon. Roll the fried churro sticks immediately after cooking to coat evenly. Serve with the dipping sauce below.
- In a small bowl add the chocolate chips, butter, and water. Microwave 30 seconds and mix until creamy.