Creme Brulee Pie
A Classic Dessert kicked up a notch for your Thanksgiving Feast! Share and crack the top with the family.
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 1 1/3 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 6 egg yolks
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar for finishing
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Thaw pie crust, then pierce with a fork. Foil and add pie weights and bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- In a small saucepan, bring the cream, vanilla, and 1/3 cup of sugar to a simmer over medium heat. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks and remaining 1/3 cup sugar together.
- Pour the cream into the yolks in a steady stream, whisking constantly to combine.
- Bake at 325 F until the custard is set around the edges, but still noticeably jiggly in the center, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- When the pie is cool, sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar in an even layer over the pie. Brûlée the sugar in the broiler until evenly melted and caramelized. Let sit at least 5 minutes before serving.