Eclair Cupcakes are a logical step in dessert's evolution.
- 1 yellow box cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 vanilla pudding packet
- 3 cups milk
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Combine cake mix with eggs, vegetable oil, and water. Pour batter into a lined cupcake pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350° F. Let cool completely.
- Mix pudding packet with 3 cups of milk for 2 minutes, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl beat butter with electric mixer for 1 minute. Add cocoa powder and vanilla extract and mix for 2 minutes. Add in half powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk, mix until smooth. Add second half of powdered sugar; mix again and last tablespoon of milk and mix until smooth.
- Core the cooled cupcakes and add pudding into the center. Pipe chocolate frosting on top and enjoy!